Search This Blog

What I'm up to.

Template now how I want, still no M.horse progress :( :( :(







Sunday 9 May 2010

Blogging: Top Ten Tips!

Hi, jacob here, today I am going to talk about my tope ten tips and tricks for blogging they range from template changes to regular tips.

1)Add a statcounter to your blog, this is free and counts how many visitors come to your blog, it helps you track how popular your blog is.
2) Get Google Analytics, this really helps you to see where your traffic is coming from and what posts people like, again this is free (notice a theme)
3) Name you post titles well, this is awesome doesn't tell anybody what your post is about but awesome Venerable dread with freehand tells them a lot more.
4) If you want your blog to look nice then use the new template designer on blogger, it transports all of your widgets over and let you have 3 columns with no code work.
5) If somebody has helped you, give them credit, even if it's just a link expanding the community means there is more community to go round everybody.
6) Make all your widgets relevant, don't just use game widgets because they are 'cool' only use thing that accent your blog.
7) FOLLOW MY BLOG!!!- NAH JUST KIDDING follow lots of blogs, it lets people know that you like their blog and they often will then check out yours.
8) Don't just ask questions, you need to put content up yourself not just say, lets make this a 2 way thing, I'll post and you give me content, it just doesn't work (the odd poll etc is fine).
9) Do it for fun, yes some people make money but if you enjoy it then money is just an added bonus.
10) Make nice headers for your blog, it took me 6 hours to get my header to look how it does now but it was worth it. You don't need a video header but a nice picture is easy to make and really give your blog that WHAM! Factor.

If you have any more tips then tell me them through the comments, I'll make a scroll box widget with them all in! Oh yea, the new template is up and I like it even if I did have to guess where my statcounter was at before (I new roughly) Thanks for reading,

Jacob.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails