- paint the weapon codex grey
- water down heavily codex grey and fortress grey and mix them together in a codex, fortress, water 4:1:5 mix, wash this over the lighter part of the blade
- add a little more fortress and a little more water then wash this over the lighter part of the blade leaving a little of the last layer showing.
- continue doing the last step until using about a 4:6:10 mix the clean your palette.
- Highlight the top of the blade edge pure skull white (or for dull weapon pure fortress grey)
- Mix badab black and codex grey and water in a 3:1:2 mix and wash it over the dark part of the blade.
- keep adding more badab black and more water like before using the same method.
- wash the whole blade with heavily watered down codex grey like a 1:10 grey to water mix
I hope this helps, thanks for reading,