Search This Blog

What I'm up to.

Template now how I want, still no M.horse progress :( :( :(







Saturday 17 April 2010

Painting: Random/Fun learning models.

Hi, so today I'm talking about random models that you have in your collection, maybe a spare black reach model or that conversion that you never used. What I do with these is to, from time to time I take one. Build it (maybe not fully) and paint it with no regard for it looking cohesive or fitting in with the fluff. I try to try new techniques for instance on the model below I experimented with wet blending on some of the purple and orange, face paint, an odd stippling effect for green armour and weird layering/washing/brush stroking technique on the hair as well as a couple of others. The model as a whole looks really odd but I learned a lot from painting it.


So, do you use this idea or are you going to try it? Thanks for reading,

Jacob.

P.S. I should be back to posting every day next week as I am back at school.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails