Search This Blog

What I'm up to.

Template now how I want, still no M.horse progress :( :( :(







Thursday 17 December 2009

Discussions: #13 Gaming group habits, cock dice and measuring.




Hi, today I want to talk about something that is very specific at tourneys but can be more vague at gaming groups, I'm talking about cock dice and over measuring, anyway, on with my explanation.



First up, measuring. At touneys your opponents will be very strict on this but maybe not at gaming groups, first off I don't mean when people do this maliciouly because that is down right wrong, let me give an example. You are having a friendly game with a decent beginner who is 16, when measuring the movement for his assault marines he is moving them between 12-13'' rarther than max 12, he is constantly doing this but he doesn't look like it is on purpose, he is just moving his hand slightly as he moves the unit. What do you do?

Number 2 is when you get a cock die, this is when a dice lands on a crooked pice of terrain or falls of the table or is leaning at an angle on another dice. Some plan it as if it is only on the slightest angle it is cocked others are more leanient. What I want to talk about is what you do when a die is cocked, in our group we just re-roll it whatever the result but I have heard others just saying that is is a fail, the worst possible result, a 4 (on a d6 as it is in the middle) or just disregarding the dice completely (exept in some circumstances like a LD check where it is a different number). So, what's your group like and do you like it. Does it depend on the player or not. Tell us. Thanks for reading,

Jacob
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails